The Partenopei have posted an 100 per cent Serie A record after the first four games of the campaign, and Insigne believes the arrival of Higuain has given Rafa Benitez's side another dimension.

"Cavani always wants to score goals but Higuain is different," Insigne told Gazzetta dello Sport

"Higuain plays more for the team, he's a great champion and comes from a great club.

"His goals will make us even better, and he has a great understanding with everyone, just like Marek Hamsik and Jose Callejon."

Insigne indeed seemed to be radiating the sort of positivity which has infected the San Paolo stadium since the beginning of the season.

A well deserved 2-1 win against Milan at the San Siro on Sunday extended Napoli's successful start and that result came on the back of an impressive 2-1 defeat of Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League the previous Wednesday.

"So far everything is beautiful,"the 22-year-old Italy international continued.

"But we must remain humble and follow the Benitez way. I like the style; we play with the ball on the floor and this gives me confidence.

"Benitez has given us a winning mentality and with pleasure I sacrifice myself to contribute defensively."

Insigne may be working hard on the defensive side of his game, but even he could not envisage part of that remit would be helping to save penalties.

The Naples born player insists it was his words of wisdom which contributed to Mario Balotelli missing the first penalty of his career at the weekend.

"I told Pepe Reina not to move, to stand still and stand up," Insigne explained.

"Mario heard me and said he was going to score anyway, but Reina did well and made the save."

And, after such a bright opening to the season both personally and collectively, Insigne admits it is difficult not to look forward to the future.

"I want to think about Italy because I've been involved and I want to go to Brazil," he added.

"If I do go to the World Cup, it means I've had a great season with Napoli."